Exponential Wireless Growth - Are you Ready?
What our clients have to say
It's nice to know that there are resources like this available in the Ottawa Region!
- Ultra Reliable Low Latency Communications (URLLC) 2017 Conference summaryPicture Source: Martin GeddesIt was a pleasure to attend this conference this week. Not only was the topic of interest but I am always impressed by how well EIE organizes their events. Instead of writing my own summary, here is a story created from tweets, 'The Mobile Network' live blog and a summary write-up from […]
- Couple of quick interviews from URLLC 2017 ConferenceI tried the Facebook Live feature yesterday at the URLLC 2017 conference and recorded a couple of quick interviews with Martin Geddes and Prof. Andy Sutton. Hope you find them useful.
- 5G Research Presentation on URLLCDr.Mehdi Bennis from Centre for Wireless Communications, University of Oulu, Finland recently did a keynote at The International Conference on Wireless Networks and Mobile Communications (WINCOM'17), November 01-04, 2017, Rabat, Morocco. He has shared his presentation with us. Its embedded below and available to download from Slideshare.Picture Source: EricssonFor those who may not be aware, there […]
- Quick tutorial on Mobile Network Sharing OptionsHere is a quick tutorial on mobile network sharing approaches, looking at site/mast sharing, MORAN, MOCN and GWCN. Slides with video embedded below. If for some reason you prefer direct link to video, its here. Mobile Network Sharing from 3G4G See also:Network Sharing is becoming more relevant with 5G
- RRC states in 5GLooking back at my old post about UMTS & LTE (re)selection/handovers, I wonder how many different kinds of handovers and (re)selection options may be needed now.In another earlier post, I talked about the 5G specifications. This can also be seen in the picture above and may be easy to remember. The 25 series for UMTS […]
- Sprint COO Ottendorfer heads for the doorIn a surprise announcement Friday evening, Sprint said COO of Technology Gunther Ottendorfer (pictured at ... The post Sprint COO Ottendorfer heads for the door appeared first on Mobile World Live.
- 802.11ax could provide preview of 5G potentialNext generation Wi-Fi will provide the world with a preview of 5G capabilities long before ... The post 802.11ax could provide preview of 5G potential appeared first on Mobile World Live.
- Apple tipped to turn to Intel for 5G iPhoneAn ongoing patent dispute with long-time chip supplier Qualcomm led Apple to turn to Intel ... The post Apple tipped to turn to Intel for 5G iPhone appeared first on Mobile World Live.
- Tax overhaul potential boon for AT&T enterprise unitAT&T CFO John Stephens revealed a commitment to invest an additional $1 billion if US ... The post Tax overhaul potential boon for AT&T enterprise unit appeared first on Mobile World Live.
- OnePlus touts spec updates in 5T flagshipOnePlus unveiled its latest flagship device, the 5T, which it claims is its most competitive ... The post OnePlus touts spec updates in 5T flagship appeared first on Mobile World Live.
- Accenture, Pivotal Spin Up Cloud Migration Business GroupTwo new business group sites will open by the end of the year.
- Chef and Puppet Throw DevOps Features at AWS OpsWorks PlatformsChef and Puppet both trail Red Hat Ansible as DevOps tool of choice.
- Securing the Multi-Cloud: It’s Harder Than It LooksEnterprises must realize the advantages of the cloud without introducing new risk.
- Broadcom Finally Closes $5.9B Brocade DealArris expects to close on Ruckus Wireless after the CFIUS review ends.
- SDxCentral’s Weekly Roundup — November 17, 2017Cisco throws $1B at smart cities; Ericsson files first 5G patent; AT&T gears up for the Super Bowl.
- Why restoring Internet freedom is appropriate but creates state vulnerability (Reality Check)For Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Ajit Pai, restoring an open internet has been a long time coming. Since his days as a dissenting FCC Commissioner during the Obama administration, Pai has remained steadfast in his commitment to replace the recent government regulatory stronghold over broadband services with the prior light-touch framework, which had unequivocally proven […]
- Telecom Tweets of the Week: FCC on a roll(back)Ajit Pai’s Federal Communications Commission is hitting its stride in regulatory rollbacks. On the agenda of this week’s meeting: axing a 40-year-old rule on media ownership that prevented a single company from owning multiple types of media outlets in a single market; targeting illegal robocalls to consumers; making changes to the Lifeline program for subsidizing […]
- Cloud migration facilitated by Toptal on-demand DevOps serviceToptal on-demand DevOps service focuses on aiding cloud migration Toptal, an American company that provides freelance software engineers, designers and finance experts to companies, announced a new DevOps on-demand service. The new service connects businesses with a pool of freelance DevOps professionals specializing in virtualization, containerization, automation, continuous integration and delivery, and cloud application distribution, […]
- FCC aggressively cracking down on RF equipment rule violators (Reader Forum)The Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) Tuesday released an order and consent decree, terminating an investigation into a manufacturer that marketed Unlicensed National Information Infrastructure (“U-NII”) devices in violation of the FCC’s equipment authorization and marketing rules. The terms of the consent decree require the manufacturer to admit liability, pay a fine of $90,000, implement a strict […]
- Cisco, VMware deemed SD-WAN market leaders: IHS MarkitCisco and VMware deepen rivalry with acquisitions Cisco and VMware were deemed the leaders in the software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN) market in a recent IHS Markit report. According to IHS Markit’s Data Center and Enterprise SDN Hardware and Software Biannual Market Tracker, SD-WAN is a small market at $137 million in global revenue for […]
- Smart pregnancy tracker obtains $2.3M in grants for R&D and product developmentBloomlife, a smart wearable for pregnancy tracking has raised $2.3M in two grants. The funding proceeds will be used for product development and R&D. Bloomlife Smart Pregnancy Tracker The wearable sensor can be used by women in the third trimester of pregnancy to monitor contraction patterns. The sensor-package helps monitor as well as count contractions […]
- Wiliot raises $19M venture funding to launch battery-free IoT connectivityWiliot, an Israel-based startup developing battery-free Bluetooth semiconductor technology closed a $19 million Series A financing round. Qualcomm Ventures and M Ventures led the round with the former contributing $5M in the latest round. Scaling IoT with Battery-Free Bluetooth The company previously raised $14M in venture funding from Grove Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, and 83North […]
- Air by Propeller: Smart health company launches API that predicts local asthma conditionsPropeller Health, a sensor + software system helping people with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), or Asthma symptoms last month launched an API called Air by Propeller that predicts local asthma conditions. Every morning Air predicts asthma conditions across the US. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 25 million Americans have […]
- IoT infrastructure company Buddy Platform obtains A$23M in new fundingBuddy Platform, a cloud-based engine providing IoT data management, processing and control platform raised an A$23M funding round. New and existing Australian domestic and Asian institutional investors participated in the round. Buddy Ohm is a full monitoring solution. The company, listed on ASX (Australian Securities Exchange) announced that it will use the funding proceeds for […]
- Banyan Water releases water conservation product that uses smart controllersBanyan Water, a water-management company that utilizes on-site hardware and an analytics engine to help commercial real estate companies save water costs released Banyan Water Central (BWC) 3.0. It is a suite of water management software and services. Banyan Water Dashboard BWC 3.0 is an enhanced version of Banyan’s existing solution called ‘Irrigation Insight’. Though […]